Losing a family member is difficult in and of itself; however, the loss of a loved one due to medical malpractice or a fatal accident can exacerbate the grief an individual feels. Furthermore, on many occasions, anger towards the individual or corporation that the loved one believes is responsible for their family member’s death accompanies the grief.
For many families, considering legal options during such an emotional time is difficult. However, once you hire an experienced attorney, he or she will examine the evidence to determine if you have a wrongful death claim.
Damages frequently included in a wrongful death claim:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the guidance, care and nurturing the decedent would have provided
- Medical costs incurred by the victim (prior to his or her death) that are associated with the injury
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of the deceased’s expected income
- Compensation for the value of services he or she would have provided
- Loss of love and companionship.
- A survival claim for the pain and suffering the victim experienced prior to his or her death
- Loss of love and companionship
If you need an experienced wrongful death attorney in Birmingham, Alabama, North Alabama or Central Alabama, please contact Yearout & Traylor today.