Birmingham Train Defect and Malfunction Attorneys

Train accidents can be incredibly traumatic events for all of those involved. Passengers, pedestrians, property owners, and the motorists who are involved in an accident caused by a train defect or malfunction are likely to sustain severe physical injuries in addition to financial losses. Tragically, in some cases an individual might perish in the accident, leaving his or her loved one to cope with an unspeakable loss.

If you or someone you love has been harmed in a train accident, it is possible that the crash was caused by a defective or malfunctioning train. You may be able to pursue financial compensation from a negligent manufacturer, mechanic, or railroad company through a civil lawsuit. To learn more, contact the Birmingham train defect and malfunction attorneys of Yearout & Traylor, P.C., by calling 205.414.8160.

Types of Compensation You May Recover

Because the potential scope of the damage that may result from a train accident is so great, it is critically important that those who build and maintain these vehicles exercise all possible caution and care. The failure to identify or eliminate defects in the design or production phase can have devastating consequences. Malfunctions that arise due to infrequent or improper maintenance are equally troubling. If you have been hurt in an accident resulting from either of these preventable dangers, you may be able to recover compensation for the following:

  • Medical expenses
  • Vehicle repair costs
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of consortium if a spouse was killed

A defective horn, malfunctioning brake, or other failure could have been prevented were it not for the negligence of those in a position to stop it. We can help you to hold them accountable for your suffering.

Contact Us

If you are coping with the effects of a train accident that may have been caused by a train defect or malfunction, we can help. Contact the Birmingham train defect and malfunction attorneys of Yearout & Traylor, P.C., at 205.414.8160.