How Do I File a Wrongful Death Claim?

If your loved one has fallen victim to another party’s negligent actions, he or she may have passed away from injuries sustained in the accident. As a relative of the deceased, you may be able to file a lawsuit on your loved one’s behalf.

This lawsuit is called a wrongful death claim. These claims work much like personal injury claims, in that you will need to prove that the accused individual’s actions caused the accident that ultimately claimed your loved one’s life.

A wrongful death claim may result in financial compensation for the family of a deceased individual. If you lost a loved one due to another party’s negligent actions, contact the Birmingham wrongful death attorneys of Yearout & Traylor, P.C., at 205-414-8160 to learn more about your legal rights and options.